Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And Its MAGIC!

There is something akin to magic don't you think about putting eggs, butter, sugar, milk and flour in a bowl - whizz it, and bung it in an oven (even a make shift one in the sand) and out pops CAKE!
it does not have to be fancy at all - just the smell and thought of cake is enough! it can be good ole butter cake or the most decadent chocolate filled chocolate covered chocolate decorated MOTHER of a cake - it just makes it alll better! the smell of it wafting through the home - the licking of the spoon after mixing (yes guilty - but we have to know what it tastes like SURELY!)

This was the thought all week (well ok ok half of the week) and I realised with my flowering and bags taking up so much of my time, I had not baked a cake just for the heck of it for AGES!
i think reading and seeing others around me do this cake thing as a business and doing so well at it, had given me,... well robbed me of my confidence.
But when you think that I did not start baking till three years ago - it puts things in perspective. without much training, I have experimented and baked and decorated and people have LIKED IT! from choc chilli cakes, to sugarless cakes - there have been SOME duds (like the melon cupcakes to which my aunt will attest to) - but there have been some GREAT successes.

Plus, I had to start prepping and practising for a very important wedding where I am doing the cake!

so this morning as the washing was swishing around, and the coffee bubbling, there I was experimenting with red cakes - I just wanted to see if I could create a simple tasting red coloured cake -
whether or not I succeed you will have to wait and see - cos it is baking as I pound this out on the blog...

suffice to say if the smells are anything to go by, we have a winner ;) photos soon I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment