Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mickey Mouse Club

Mickey Clubhouse - was such a new term for me - I mean other than the fact that I dont have children pawing at me in toy stores dragging me to the shelves with these toys on them, nor do we even subscribe to the disney channel - but i was a huge fan of mickey growing up and had not heard about this!?

so when the mother of this little girl said those words to me I had to scramble to the internet to find out what it meant!
Have you seen this clubhouse?? wow! where was this thing when we were growing up?? it was so cool and i was already designing the different parts of the cake in my head - however this mum had other ideas.
the birthday girl's mother was more interested in her own version of the mickey clubhouse theme, and so it was to be a very simple flat cake with colours that the mum preferred ;)

This was a very very simple sheet cake, with the only complicated thing being how to best to do the mickey imprint.

The cake was chocolate, with a buttercream icing. the polka dots were done in fondant and so were the letters - apparently kids don't like the WHOLE cake in fondant but love small tiny bits of sugar hits - i pity the parents of those kids ;)


So this is the the cake without the mickey club characters....





and this is with the mickey characters that were set up on top of the cake.

simple and sweet. would have liked to have had to make the more complicated version, but this was cute too ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment